Sure, it occurred to me too. Whereas scrolling via Fb, I stumbled upon a web site advert. Nothing might go improper: the web site seemed reliable and the photographs of the garments have been so breathtaking that I couldn’t assist however think about me being a kind of attractive girls nonchalantly strolling down NY streets and making passerby’s heads flip. Nicely, I need to admit, extraordinarily interesting and nearly unimaginable costs ought to have made me suspicious. However come on, I’m only a human!
So, I loaded my on-line purchasing bag with numerous garments and… waited.
Merchandise no. 1 – image on the web site
I’d been ready for greater than a month earlier than my long-awaited parcels arrived. Personally, I’m used to elegant parcels, packed in separate bins in order that the gadgets inside stay undamaged. Solely after I’d seen a shabby, wrapped in kilometers of duct tape carton did I notice that one thing is improper.
What ought to I begin with? Initially, the garments I obtained didn’t match their description on the web site. Their size, width, silhouette, materials, and, final however not least – design – nearly all the things was improper. The garments, marketed as linen, silk or cotton, turned out to be product of the most affordable artificial cloth potential.
Merchandise no. 1 – what I obtained. Ouch!
Then I attempted the garments on. No, I’m not the one to boast about my form, nor am I the one whom all garments match like a glove, however I by no means thought I might look SO BAD. Looking at my reflection within the mirror, I used to be confused whether or not I ought to cry or snicker. Fortunately for myself, I went for the latter.
Merchandise no. 1 after styling
Once I lastly stopped laughing, it dawned on me that in uncommon instances solely are you able to snicker in such conditions. I made a agency determination to rework these rags into wearable garments in a few hours, utilizing a few styling methods. Hope they’ll turn out to be useful for a few of you and can show you how to keep away from the dangerous feelings I skilled:
1. Iron the garments fastidiously. You gained’t consider what sort of wonders this good previous trick does.
2. Put on appropriate underwear whereas attempting new garments on. Handpicked, based mostly in your dimension underwear or (even higher) shapewear helps you benefit from seeming disadvantages of the garments you might be carrying.
Merchandise no. 2 – the image on the web site
Merchandise no. 2 – what I obtained. Ouch once more!
Merchandise no. 2 after styling
3. If wanted, simply reduce the surplus materials off with scissors or pin it up and conceal it beneath different garments. Layer.
4. Be at liberty to vary the operate of clothes. In the event you purchased a linen seashore costume however bought a bag-like tunic as an alternative, let it shield you from the wind on a cold fall morning.
5. Give some thought to your equipment. Fastidiously matched with clothes equipment make the look visually tidier. Although it’s not fashionable to match all equipment anymore, on this very case it is sensible to make use of this previous technique and match all the things – out of your earrings to your footwear (have you ever forgotten that you have already got a element that stands out?)
Merchandise no. 3 – the image on the web site
Merchandise no. 3 – what I obtained. Yet one more ouch…
Merchandise no. Three after styling
6. Mix cheaper garments with costlier ones – and, voila! – you’re following one of many newest vogue developments – combine & match.
7. Don’t underestimate the facility of your make-up. It’s a should to strike a stability between “untidy” and “tidy” issues.
8. By no means ever lose an opportunity to snicker at your self and a foolish scenario. In any case, aren’t there extra essential issues in our life than some toggery?