Few things in life are worse than a car accident. If you are lucky enough to escape without injury, your car is going to be left with some scars that will cost a small fortune to repair. And who wants to spend their hard-earned cash on that? Nobody.
That’s why some people decide to look for alternatives, alternatives that require one to embrace the dent in your car. I mean, if it still drives, what’s a bit of cosmetic damage? There are myriad ways to tastefully (or not) incorporate imperfections on your vehicle, creative and funny works of art that can sometimes make the car look even better than it did before. Or you can just write that Chuck Norris did it! Scroll down below to check out a few imaginative examples below, and let us know what you think in the comments!
#1 Dent Covered With A Detailed Map Of The Region Using A Permanent Marker Pen
According to The Association for Safe International Road Travel (ASIRT), the global epidemic of road crash fatalities and disabilities is gradually being recognized as a major public health concern. In an effort to reduce the number of deaths and injuries on the roads, they believe that the first step is being informed and to have access to facts about the risks. Although this is a lighthearted post about minor traffic accidents, it’s always good to be armed with knowledge before you hit the road. Here are some Annual Global Road Crash Statistics:
- Nearly 1.25 million people die in road crashes each year, on average 3,287 deaths a day.
- An additional 20-50 million are injured or disabled.
- More than half of all road traffic deaths occur among young adults ages 15-44.
#2 If Anybody Has Thor’s Number, I Found His Hammer
#3 That’s One Way To Deal With Car Scratches
- Road traffic crashes rank as the 9th leading cause of death and account for 2.2% of all deaths globally.
- Road crashes are the leading cause of death among young people ages 15-29, and the second leading cause of death worldwide among young people ages 5-14.
- Each year nearly 400,000 people under 25 die on the world’s roads, on average over 1,000 a day.
- Over 90% of all road fatalities occur in low and middle-income countries, which have less than half of the world’s vehicles
#4 Mailbox: 1, Honda: 0
#5 This Car Scratch Cover Up
- Road crashes cost USD $518 billion globally, costing individual countries from 1-2% of their annual GDP.
- Road crashes cost low and middle-income countries USD $65 billion annually, exceeding the total amount received in developmental assistance.
- Unless action is taken, road traffic injuries are predicted to become the fifth leading cause of death by 2030.
#6 The Way The Owner Of This Car Dealt With His Dent
#7 My Ninja Turtles Drawing On A Bumper Dent
So be careful out there! Luckily, these people suffered not much more than a bruised ego and some damage to their cars. And although the cover ups are creative and funny, it’s still a good idea to take your car in for service to check for further mechanical or structural damage.
#8 Nice Way To Cover Up The Dents
#9 Making The Best Out Of A Bad Situation
#10 Alternative To Paying For A New Bumper, Now I Love It
#11 That’s One Way To Cover Up A Dent…
#12 Damnit Laura!
#13 T-Rex Attack
#14 My 16-Year-Old Sister Said She Will Keep Adding Band-Aids To My Car Until I Get My Dent Fixed. Day 96
#15 Put A Bandaid On It
#16 Best Way To Deal With A Dent
#17 I Wonder Where That Dent Came From
#18 This Person’s Awesome Solution To Covering Up A Large Dent On Their Car